Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Trap door writing


It was a normal day at school until the Teacher gave me a very special award. Finally the bell rung. Once I got home and put my award in the cabinet in the lounge but then I saw something.

It looked like a door so I pushed the cabinet side ways. There it was an old trapdoor that was covered in dust, I was curious. Slowly, I pulled the small bronze handle up, then a big cloud of dust blew into my face.

Carefully, I climbed down the humongous rocks “thump!” I fell on the dirt floor. slowly I got up, brushed myself down and checked for injuries.

Then I noticed one of the rocks I climbed down was glowing red I picked it up it wasn't a rock at all  it was a ruby (red diamond) I put it inside my pocket, and kept on walking.

Suddenly I saw a lever. I thought to myself should I pull it or not. I walked over to the lever, I pulled it crash a little cart made a hole in the floor. Not knowing what was going to happen. I  walked over to the cart and opened the little door and and sat inside, “this will be fun” I said to myself. The cart took off I was going so fast that when I looked around all I could see was a fuzzy blur crash! The wooden cart stopped and I flew into the sky “ahhhhhhh!” I screamed.

Splash! I fall Into Deep water, I swam up to the surface desperate for air, where was I? huffing and puffing I swam up to an Island. I looked around to see what was here. I dashed to the other side of the Island. There was a small kayak and paddles, I got into the kayak and paddled and paddled and paddled for two days straight finally I got back to dry  land.

I was very very hungry so I searched land to find something to eat. “Phew!” I found a big tree with bright red, apples hanging down from the dry brown branches. I reached as far as I could. Ohhh I couldn’t get the juicy apple, I looked around to find something I could stand on “yes a log”. I dragged the heavy log right over to the tree stump “bang!” It hit the ground then I stepped on top of the log I reached up to the apple “yay!” I got it. Crunch! I bit into the fruit. As I finished the bright red apple I was thinking of a plan to get back to my house.  

I had a plan I just had to find the tracks of the cart I was on earlier I walked and walked trying to find the tracks suddenly I saw something in the distance, It was the cart tracks finally! I can get home “oh no!” There was A gate that said in big bold red letters DO NOT ENTER. out of the corner of my eye i saw a tunnel. I got down on my hands and knees and crawled through the small dirt tunnel and it lead straight where I needed to go. I slowly crawled out of the small tunnel and I was standing beside the hole that the wooden cart made.

I ran up to the rocks and climbed out of the trap door “finally!” Im home. running to my room I remembered I had a ruby in my pocket, I closed my bedroom door and placed the ruby in my draw. “Dinners ready!” yeld mum. “Coming!” I said I running to the dinner table.

By kayla.Thank you for reading my writing I hope you enjoyed it, I have put lot’s of effort into it to make it my personal best. I am proud of the detail that I have put into my writing, how I used my  feedback to make my writing better. I am also proud of how I used the thesaurus to change my words to make my writing more exciting.

1 comment:

  1. Great job kaylĂ  nice information keep it up

    ReplyDelete